My mom made these cookies all the time when I was little, now I like to make them for my kids.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe from Food.com.
- Combine shortening, sugars, egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add dry ingredients and milk.
- Shape dough into small balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350.
- Place a kiss in middle of each cookie pressing until the edges crack.
Delicious! In my oven, they should be baked about 9 minutes, and I used the tip of putting the Hershey Kiss on before the final minute of baking, which worked nicely, although it would be enough to stick it on before the final 10 seconds.
This is exactly the way I make my peanut blossom cookies! I made a triple batch yesterday and can't keep the kids (or myself) out of them. I hoped they'd last till Christmas, but....??
To Belinda McManaway: Thanks for sharing your recipe for Peanut Butter Blossoms. They are to die for! They're soft and sweet and the kiss is just slightly melted. I've made a similar cookie every Christmas for years, but they sure don't measure up to yours. Do believe I'll use your recipe from now on! Sincerely, Laudee