Recipe by Belinda McManaway
My mom made these cookies all the time when I was little, now I like to make them for my kids.
Top Review by rondastar
Delicious! In my oven, they should be baked about 9 minutes, and I used the tip of putting the Hershey Kiss on before the final minute of baking, which worked nicely, although it would be enough to stick it on before the final 10 seconds.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- additional sugar
- 48 Hershey chocolate kisses (unwrapped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shortening, sugars, egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add dry ingredients and milk.
- Shape dough into small balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350.
- Place a kiss in middle of each cookie pressing until the edges crack.