Recipe by Johnsdeere
I found this recipe in the October 09' Family Circle. The peanut flavor in this bar cookie is perfect thanks to the cookie and frosting combination. I'm not a huge peanut butter "cookie" fan however I think these are delicious. Give these a shot, you won't be sorry. *Please note these make two 13x9 pans of cookies, including frosting.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
Excellent! These taste like a peanut butter cookie with peanut butter frosting. I would also love this frosting on a cake or brownies. Cooking time was a little long as I had to pull these out earlier to avoid burning. I made a half a batch (with 2 eggs). Made these for Father's Day because he can't have chocolate. Will be making these again for picnics, potlucks and parties. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 13x9 inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs; beat 3 minutes more. Add vanilla.
- 4. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the peanuts.
- 5. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly.
- 6. Frosting: Beat confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, shortening, salt, and vanilla. Add hot water, a little at a time Beat until smooth. Spread over blondies while still warm.