Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are absolutely fabulous! If you like peanuts and peanut butter, you will love these! As easy as these are to make, they will make fantastic Christmas treats! Also wrap them in foil or tinted plastic wrap, and set them out around the living room or kitchen for guests to help themselves. You may as well double or triple the recipe, because these will disappear fast! I received a zmail inquiring about the candy coating. It's sometimes called "bark" and can be found where the baking items are, and sometimes you can find it out in the open as a display, including powdered sugar, evaporated milk, marshmallows, etc. I think there's only choc. and vanilla. It's used to make dipped pretzels, and so on.
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornstarch, sifted
- 1 lb vanilla candy coating
- 2 cups peanuts, finely chopped
- In heavy saucepan, combine Eagle Brand, peanut butter, water, vanilla and salt; stir in cornstarch. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Add candy coating; cook and stir until melted and smooth. Spread evenly in wax paper lined 9-inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; roll firmly in peanuts to coat. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
oh gosh these are heavenly and easy to make, they are quite sweet so a small piece goes a long way, my PB-loving DS loved these, thanks Fluff!