Recipe by Bergy
Peanut Butter lovers unite! This is a tasty snack and a change . This recipe was firstpublished in the "Spirit of Christmas Book Three"
Top Review by Sharon123
Bergy, we really like these peanut butter bites!!! They are light and crispy with just the right amount of sweetness! Different, good! I halved the recipe and couldn't find honey wheat germ so I just drizzled a little honey into the peanut butter mixture. Thanks!
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread, thinly sliced,crust removed
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey flavored wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally so you have 4 triangles from each slice.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place the triangles on an ungreaded cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until light brown, dry and crispy Meanwhile in a saucepan combine.
- peanut butter oil& brown sugar.
- Stir occasioally until the mixture is heated through.
- Spread the wheatgerm out on a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Add the toaster triangles, a couple at a time to the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir gently to coat the bread pieces.
- Roll triangles in the wheatgerm.
- Place on rack to dry.