Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Peanut Butter lovers unite! This is a tasty snack and a change . This recipe was firstpublished in the "Spirit of Christmas Book Three"
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread, thinly sliced,crust removed
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey flavored wheat germ
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally so you have 4 triangles from each slice.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place the triangles on an ungreaded cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until light brown, dry and crispy Meanwhile in a saucepan combine.
- peanut butter oil& brown sugar.
- Stir occasioally until the mixture is heated through.
- Spread the wheatgerm out on a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Add the toaster triangles, a couple at a time to the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir gently to coat the bread pieces.
- Roll triangles in the wheatgerm.
- Place on rack to dry.
Bergy, we really like these peanut butter bites!!! They are light and crispy with just the right amount of sweetness! Different, good! I halved the recipe and couldn't find honey wheat germ so I just drizzled a little honey into the peanut butter mixture. Thanks!