Recipe by Oolala
Copied from a cookbook I took out of a library before I disoovered Zaar so I didn't note the source. I think some red pepper flakes would be a nice addition (or cayenne pepper). Guessed cooking time since I haven't made it yet.
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt shortening in large saucepan. Add the green pepper, celery, and onions. Cook on medium heat until tender.
- Spoon cooked vegetables into blender or food processor and liquify. Return to saucepan and add flour, stirring until well blended. Add broth slowly. Cook and stir on medium heat until well blended and thickened. Stir in peanut butter, paprika, seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Mix well. Reduce heat to low. Stir in half and half; do not boil.
- Serve garnished with scallions.