1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Biscuits
Tender, flavorful, easy -- wonderful too as a topping for a meat pie. From the 1963 Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cook Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl. With pastry blender or two knives, cut-in shortening (or butter) and peanut butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Make a well in center of crumbly mixture, pour in milk and stir only until a soft dough is formed.
- 4Knead dough gently on lightly floured pastry cloth for about 30 seconds.
- 5Roll out or pat dough to about 1/2-inch thickness and cut into about 12 biscuits.
- 6Place on ungreased baking sheet, close together for soft sides, or spaced apart for crusty sides.
- 7Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- 8Variation: For drop biscuits, increase milk to 1 cup and drop dough by spoonfulls onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 253.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g