Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Forget the PB&J these will please the kids.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Cut shortening into dry ingredients.
- Mix in peanut butter into mixture.
- Add just enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly-floured pastry board or marble slab for half a minute.
- Pat out with your hands to one-half-inch thick.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in 450-degree for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.