Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great biscotti recipe with peanut butter, honey-roasted peanuts and peanut butter chips! Great with coffee or tea!
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter (4 Tbsp.)
- 59.14 ml peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml honey-roasted peanuts, finely ground
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml peanut butter chips
- 177.44 ml honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth; cool.
- Stir in flour, ground peanuts, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; set aside;.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a mixer until light, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add both sugars, then beat in the vanilla.
- Drizzle in the peanut butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts, and flour mixture until blended.
- Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon half the dough onto a prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4 X 12-inch log (moisten hands with water to control stickiness).
- Repeat with remaining dough on second baking sheet.
- Bake both pans for 25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Remove and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325*.
- Slice logs diagonally into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Arrange strips, cut side up, on baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Flip biscotti over and bake an additional 8 minutes, or until golden brown; do not overbake.
- Transfer to rack to cool.
- NOTE: They can also be dunked in melted chocolate by placing chocolate chips in a shallow dish wide enough to hold the longest strip of biscotti. Melt chips in microwave on high power, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.