1 hr 30 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This is a great biscotti recipe with peanut butter, honey-roasted peanuts and peanut butter chips! Great with coffee or tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (4 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350*; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Melt butter and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth; cool.
- 3Stir in flour, ground peanuts, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; set aside;.
- 4Beat eggs in a large bowl with a mixer until light, about 2 minutes.
- 5Gradually add both sugars, then beat in the vanilla.
- 6Drizzle in the peanut butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- 7Fold in the peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts, and flour mixture until blended.
- 8Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes to thicken.
- 9Spoon half the dough onto a prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4 X 12-inch log (moisten hands with water to control stickiness).
- 10Repeat with remaining dough on second baking sheet.
- 11Bake both pans for 25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- 12Remove and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 13Reduce oven temperature to 325*.
- 14Slice logs diagonally into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- 15Arrange strips, cut side up, on baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- 16Flip biscotti over and bake an additional 8 minutes, or until golden brown; do not overbake.
- 17Transfer to rack to cool.
- 18NOTE: They can also be dunked in melted chocolate by placing chocolate chips in a shallow dish wide enough to hold the longest strip of biscotti. Melt chips in microwave on high power, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1068 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g