Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A biscotti recipe that kids are sure to like.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, peanut butter and water; Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix just until ingredients are incorporated, add a little more water, a teaspoon at a time, can be added if mixture is to dry to make a smooth dough: Stir in peanuts.
- Divide the dough into two portions, and form each into a log approximately 3 inches in diameter. Place the logs on the cookie sheet about 3 to 4 inches apart and flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in preheated oven until light brown, about 40 minutes, take out of oven; turn oven down to 300°F; let logs cool for 10 minutes, then cut at angle into 3/4-inch thick slices; Place slices, cut side down on cookie sheet and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes, enjoy.
This was such an easy recipe! I'm glad I read the reviews. I did spray my baking sheet AND hands with cooking spray. I also baked the first time for 30 minutes the first time and 20 the second. I also ended up dipping them half way up in melted chocolate and let harden. AWESOME!
Too hard for our liking!
When I make these again I will use parchement paper underneath the logs.