Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really more of a pastry cream than a bavarian creme, but quite good. Can be served alone, like a mousse, or used as a cream in doughnuts or pastries. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth style
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar in a medium size bowl. Add the cornstarch and the vanilla, and whisk thoroughly.
- Stir in scalded milk and transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Continuing whisking over low heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour mixture into a clean bowl. Add peanut butter and whisk to incorporate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely.
- When cool, fold in chilled whipped cream and serve.