Recipe by shells75
Great unique recipe....never any left when I bring them somewhere.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Excellent flavor and I love the chewy texture! My DD replaced half of the sugar with Spenda, plus she only used one two eggs as she didn't notice that the recipe called for three until after she ate the third egg for breakfast.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixer bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla extract; beat until creamy. Blend in flour and salt. Stir in 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Spread into (ungreased) 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Immediately sprinkle remaining milk chocolate chips over cookie layer. Let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate chips become shiny and soft. Spread chocolate evenly over top. Cool completely. Cut into bars.