Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe on another website this morning: www.recipe4living.com and it sounds wonderful. I wanted to post it here so that I could try it at a later time. Here is what the chef had to say: If you like peanut butter and chocolate,you won't be able to resist these bars. They are so moist and tasty.
Top Review by SarahLeap
This recipe is very good for peanut butter lovers like my family. When it first came out it seemed more like a cake, but the next day it had a more fudgy texture. My husband ate it within a few days. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, semi sweet
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Over medium heat, bring peanut butter, butter and water to a boil; stirring frequently.
- Pour into flour mixture.
- Add eggs and buttermilk; mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate morsels and whipping cream for 1 minute; stirring halfway through and spread on cake and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars when ready to serve.