Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on another website this morning: www.recipe4living.com and it sounds wonderful. I wanted to post it here so that I could try it at a later time. Here is what the chef had to say: If you like peanut butter and chocolate,you won't be able to resist these bars. They are so moist and tasty.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, semi sweet
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Over medium heat, bring peanut butter, butter and water to a boil; stirring frequently.
- Pour into flour mixture.
- Add eggs and buttermilk; mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate morsels and whipping cream for 1 minute; stirring halfway through and spread on cake and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars when ready to serve.
This recipe is very good for peanut butter lovers like my family. When it first came out it seemed more like a cake, but the next day it had a more fudgy texture. My husband ate it within a few days. Thanks for posting!