Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a clipping from a newspaper from 1971. Keeping it here for safekeeping.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml sifted flour
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml sifted flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml flaked coconut
- 170.09 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and peanut butter. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add 1 cup flour half at a time, beating until well mixed.
- Press into a greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, and 1 cup brown sugar until creamy. Add flour and baking powder, beat until well blended. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spread over hot crust, return to oven and bake 30 minutes.
This is a decent tasting cookie bar, however, since it is called a "peanut butter bar" one would expect a more peanut butter flavor. It is interesting how the center is full of gooey chocolate goodness, but the peanut butter is over powered by the chocolate.