1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Bars
My mom always makes these for the 4th of July, but they are good anytime! Perfect for potlucks, parties, and dessert trays. The baking time may vary due to altitude or humidity. Bars are ready when golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Layers from bottom up: cookie bar, 1 cup peanut butter, chocolate frosting. Prep and cooking time do not account for cooling time.
My Private Note
large j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml flour
- 354.88 ml rolled oats
Peanut Butter Layer
- 236.59 ml smooth peanut butter
- 1Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- 2Add vanilla and eggs. Mix.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and mix until you reach cookie dough consistency.
- 4Press dough into a large, lightly-greased jelly roll pan.
- 5Bake at 350F for approx 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
- 6Beat 1 cup of peanut butter and smooth over hot cake.
- 7Cool completely.
- 8To make frosting: beat first 4 ingredients together until smooth.
- 9Alternately add evaporated milk and powered sugar until you reach your desired consistency and taste. You might find that you do not use all the milk or powdered sugar called for. Frosting should be fairly thick.
- 10Frost cooled cake with chocolate frosting.
- 11Cut into squares and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8821.3
- Calories from Fat 4396
- Total Fat 488.5 g
- Saturated Fat 200.8 g
- Cholesterol 1018.6 mg
- Sodium 6758.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1015.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 55.4 g
- Sugars 705.3 g
- Protein 174.6 g