Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe adapted from allrecipes.com, tastes like Reece's PB Cups
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Melt the butter and peanut butter in a small sauce pan, remove from heat.
- Mix peanut butter mixture with graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar until completely blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with 4 tbsp of peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.
I didn't care for these. they tasted a little too gritty. Sorry..
Very yummy! Great for when you need a "peanut butter cup fix." My dad said they taste just like the store bought candy, except it's cheaper to make! The PB texture came out really smooth even though it looked "rough" when I poured it in the pan. I lined the pan with foil and put the pan with the PB mixture in the freezer while I melted the chocolate. After I poured on the choc. mixture on top I put it back in the freezer for 30 mins. and then took it out and cut it with a pizza cutter and put it back in the freezer. It set-up nicely and was ready to eat in no time! I put the rest of bars in a container in the fridge. Thanks for sharing.