Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast and easy and I usually have all the ingredients onhand.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over bars.
Very yummy and easy to make. I didn't have any oats so I used 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs instead and they turned out great. Taste just like a peanut butter cookie, and the chocolate chips make them extra special!
This wii certainly satisfy a Pb & chocolate craving! I'm teaching my DS's GF to cook & she did a great job on these. [this is a girl that didn't know what blend or fold meant] She wanted PB & chocolate & I found this. Thanks for posting.
I got this recipe from Taste of Home a long time ago and have brought these to many summer picnics. Yum!