Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cranberries aren't just for the holidays anymore. Enjoy this peanut butter bar featuring dried cranberries, chopped peanuts, and cream cheese.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, chunky
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter, chunky
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl combine cranberries and water. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Beat in the brown sugar. Beat in the flour on low speed (mixture will be crumbly).
- Stir in the peanuts and drained cranberries. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg, 2/3 cup peanut butter, and lemon juice; beat until well combined.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing lightly into filling.
- Bake about 25 minutes more or until top is lightly browned and edges are puffed.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- *Note: Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe.