Recipe by andypandy
1973 recipe from a Michigan radio program, it was the rage at that time. I have only made it a few times, with success. Forgot all about it until now looking up my old recipes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (twenty minute type)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (solid type or butter)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup (Hershey's)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt, oats, and butter well.
- Reserve out 1 cup for the top and set aside.
- Press remainder into a ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Combine all well until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the base.
- Sprinkle the reserved one cup of base mixture over top of filling.
- Bake 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove and cool then cut into squares.