1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Bars 1973
1973 recipe from a Michigan radio program, it was the rage at that time. I have only made it a few times, with success. Forgot all about it until now looking up my old recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (twenty minute type)
- 1/2 cup margarine (solid type or butter)
- 2Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3Combine flour, brown sugar, salt, oats, and butter well.
- 4Reserve out 1 cup for the top and set aside.
- 5Press remainder into a ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- 7Combine all well until smooth.
- 8Spread evenly over the base.
- 9Sprinkle the reserved one cup of base mixture over top of filling.
- 10Bake 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 11Remove and cool then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Bars 1973
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 127.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g