Top Review by EcclecticChef
I do not like peanut butter cookies so I decided to try this bar... I am so glad I did. These are great! I didn't alter the recipe at all and it turned out great for me. The other reviews complained about the glaze being too runny, but mine was perfect! Thanks for a GREAT recipe and alternative to a PB Cookie!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup regular margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter, crunchy style
- 1 cup unbleached flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats, quick cooking
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk, hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a mixing bowl until light
- and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Blend in the peanut butter.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, blending well.
- Stir in the oats.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 350 degree F.
- oven for 25 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan on a rack.
- While still warm drizzle with the vanilla glaze. When cooled, cut into 48 (2 X 1 1/2-inch) bars.
- VANILLA GLAZE: Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and beat, with an electric mixer set to high speed, until smooth.