1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Bars
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup regular margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, crunchy style
- 1 cup unbleached flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats, quick cooking
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a mixing bowl until light
- 2and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- 3Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- 4Blend in the peanut butter.
- 5Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- 6Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, blending well.
- 7Stir in the oats.
- 8Spread the mixture in a greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan.
- 9Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- 10Bake in a 350 degree F.
- 11oven for 25 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan on a rack.
- 12While still warm drizzle with the vanilla glaze. When cooled, cut into 48 (2 X 1 1/2-inch) bars.
- 13VANILLA GLAZE: Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and beat, with an electric mixer set to high speed, until smooth.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Bars
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g