Recipe by Divinemom5
Easy and quick....and easy to pack to send to loved ones away from home.
Top Review by ShellBell77
Super easy afternoon snack for the school kids! These bars turned out very moist and cake-like. Just how we like them! I used evaporated milk to make them a bit richer and also added chocolate chunks in the batter instead of drizzling chocolate on top. Thanks for the recipe that I will surely make again!
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces melted chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl,beat peanut butter and shortening til smooth.
- Add brown sugar and baking soda,beat until combined.
- Beat in egg,milk and vanilla.
- Beat in as much flour as you can.
- Stir in remainingg flour and rolled oats.
- Spread into ungreased 8x8x2 pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To frost:beat peanut butter and 2 cups powdered sugar till combined.
- Slowly beat in milk and vanilla.
- Beat in 2 1/2 sifted powdered sugar.
- Beat in additional milk if necessary,to make of spreading consistancy.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
- These are easy to send to loved ones far away.
- Just line baking pan with foil,lift baked,cooled cookie out in one piece.
- Frost (omit drizzled chocolate) wrap in foil and pack.
- Do not cut.
- We sent this to my brother when he was in the Navy.
- Now my son is joining the Navy,so he will be getting these too!