Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a "variation" of a Martha Stewart recipe. These have a LOT of peanut butter in them. This is the url to the "real" recipe http://www.marthastewart.com The main difference is that I used a 9x16 pan/dish thing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x16 pan;In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture(flour and baking powder), beating to combine.
- 3. Press into the 9x16 pan until even.
- 4. For(tablespoon size cookies they are recommended to bake for 18 to 22 minutes. In the pan, I think they would take longer than that, but as I have not been very observant, I do not know the exact time. I would say no longer that 40 minutes. "If you smell burning, take them out." is what I say.
This recipe was a disaster! I followed it exactly and only baked for about twenty minutes because they looked done; they turned a dark brown and fell apart and tasted like burnt dirt and peanut butter. I guess some Martha recipes just shouldn't be changed - she probably curses those that use variations.