Recipe by PaulaG
This is sinful! Three of my favorite food groups--peanut butter, chocolate and bananas team together in this wonderful dessert. Don't look at the nutritional information and for once have a good time! The recipe is from Wilton Industries, Inc.
Top Review by Shasha
The tart didn't set up properly; I had a big mess in my hands when I served it. The melted chocolate chips also hardened; I was looking for a smoother topping. Also had to reduce the peanut butter by half.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package banana cream pudding and pie filling mix (not instant) or 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- plus 1/4 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 medium sliced banana
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together.
- Press into a 9 x 1 1/8" round tart pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place tart pan on cookie sheet and bake crust for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare the pudding with milk and cook according to package directions.
- Remove from heat and allow the pudding to set up slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir peanut butter into cooled pudding then pour into prepared crust.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the top to prevent a film from forming and chill for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice bananas and dip into orange juice to prevent browning).
- Arrange sliced bananas on top of tart and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Serve and sit back and watch your guests enjoy.