Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
So good--so easy! I bought a $10 sandwich maker from WalMart and it came with a few recipes, one was for a Monte Cristo (which is ham n cheese, dipped in egg and cooked like French toast). So I thought I could try something similar.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced and sugared strawberry, with (optional)
- maple syrup
- cooking spray
- Plug in and turn on your sandwich maker.
- If your bread is the "larger" size, cut the bread to fit your sandwich maker.
- Slather 2 pieces of bread with as much peanut butter as you like.
- Lay sliced bananas on the peanut butter to cover sandwich.
- Place the last two slices of bread on top of the bananas (if you really like peanut butter, you may peanut butter them first).
- In a small dish, beat together eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Spray sandwich maker down with Oil Spray.
- Take each sandwich and turn it in the egg to coat.
- Place in sandwich maker and close until finished.
- On a plate place the sandwiches. I like to top with some strawberries n sugar (like shortcake strawberries) and a little maple syrup.