Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this often for my family, and there are NEVER any leftovers. It's a great way to use up over-ripe bananas and sneak a fruit and a good protein source past the kids!
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 4 eggs or 8 egg whites
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
- Preheat oiled griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and eggs; mix well.
- Add mashed bananas and peanut butter.
- Gently stir in Bisquik mix. Batter should be thin but not runny.
- Pour out scant 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle. (I cook 8 pancakes at a time on my electric griddle.)
- Once edges are dry and cooking side is golden brown, turn pancake and cook on that side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTES: These freeze very well. Thaw in microwave and serve immediately.
Oh, these are good! I used Recipe#145489 as my base and pulled my bananas from the banana graveyard (the freezer!). My peanut butter was super crunchy and we liked the little crunch of nuts. This makes a TON of pancakes. We liked them quite a lot as written. But then I added a large handful of mini chocolate chips to the batter and we loved them! These are fluffy and have wonderful flavor and texture. My son said that they were so good that they should not have syrup because that takes away from their "natural goodness"! :)
Had to use stick blender to make the batter smooth. I used whole wheat flour. This batter unbelievably thick cooked up a VERY fluffy pancake. Then I thinned the batter and cooked a few more. The thicker ones had more pb and banana flavor. However the pb and banana flavors are not prominent however they are delicious!!!! Good texture thick and thinned. My picture shows as recipe on Left and thinned on Right. Take a look. I use Recipe #452092 as I don't keep Bisquick in the house.
I only made half a batch and it was plenty. The pancakes really puff up and are so fluffy. Made a few changes- no Bisquick on hand so I used a substitute (flour, baking powder, salt, butter). I also added a tsp of vanilla and used soy butter instead of peanut due to allergies. SO good. If I would have had chocolate chips they would have been perfection.