Recipe by donna in niagara falls
I got this recipe from a friend many years ago at work. I like it because it uses whole wheat flour and does not call for a lot of oil. My kids enjoy these muffins too.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
We really liked these! I used 1 c oat flour and 1/2 c whole grain white wheat and the texture was great. They were plenty sweet with the three bananas and 1/4 c brown sugar. I agree that they need more than 2 T of peanut butter; I used 3 T and cut the oil down to only 1 T and you could taste the PB just fine. Crunchy pb adds a nice touch to the texture, too :). My baking time was right around 19 minutes, so it must just depend on your oven. DS wasn't in the mood for banana muffins this AM so I conned him into it by sprinkling chocolate chips over half of the batch--that was a yummy addition for all of us! Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Stir together in another bowl mashed bananas, egg, peanut butter and oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Place in 12 large paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for approx. 20 minutes or until lightly golden.