Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this tasty muffin recipe in a magazine ad for Quaker Oats.
Top Review by Debbb
Wonderful recipe! These muffins are very moist - I probably used about 3/4 cup of banana because that is what I needed to use up. The flavour is great, not too sweet. My husband had one while still warm & complained that it had no flavour. But, once cooled they are really, really good & filling!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats or 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana, about 1 large
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 12 medium muffin cups, or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking powder.
- Whisk together milk, peanut butter, banana, egg, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.