Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe can also be baked up as a 9" x 5" loaf. Just increase the baking time to 50 minutes.
Top Review by coconut_chip
Quick and easy to make! This recipe is really interesting. It's not a banana muffin, but it's not overwhelmingly peanut butter flavoured either. It tastes like a good peanut butter & banana sandwich. I used chunky peanut butter, which gave some extra texture to the muffins - a great addition, I think. I'd love to pair these muffins with strawberry jam, just to finish off the PB&J flavour combination. Side note: I got 14 muffins, but the 3 bananas I used were quite large.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, mixing lightly.
- Divide evenly among the 10 prepared muffin cups, pouring water into the 2 unused cups.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in the pan.