Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A real kid pleaser and a healthy snack, this moist muffin is perfect for peanut butter fans. I made this for my friend who is a diabetic. Instead of 2 cups all purpose flour, I used 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour and for the brown sugar I used 1/2 cup brown splenda (sugar replacement).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 well greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Lucy Waverman’s Fast & Fresh Cookbook.
This recipe produces tasteless muffins. Definitely needs more sugar!!
This was a great recipe!!! I love the fact that it actually makes 24 muffins when doubled & not have a bunch left over (if I didn't want extra). I did add 1 cup of chocolate chips which gave it just enough sweetness. I recommend using a 1/3 measuring cup & I heap it just a little & gives a perfect, even amount for the muffin tin. Very simple & comes out perfect!
The muffins turn out really good! Added some choc chips and a touch more sugar as my bananas were not that ripe, but the texture was great! Thanks a lot!