Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A real kid pleaser and a healthy snack, this moist muffin is perfect for peanut butter fans. I made this for my friend who is a diabetic. Instead of 2 cups all purpose flour, I used 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour and for the brown sugar I used 1/2 cup brown splenda (sugar replacement).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 well greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Lucy Waverman’s Fast & Fresh Cookbook.
wow! I am amazed of how much sugar people eat, while most of the comments read they added sugar I actually dropped it to half of waht the recipe asks.
This recipe produces tasteless muffins. Definitely needs more sugar!!
This is awful! BLAND!!!!!Come on people don't give the recipe a 4 or 5 stars and then say you had to change this or that. When you have to change the recipe, its your recipe thats good not the one on this site!