Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A real kid pleaser and a healthy snack, this moist muffin is perfect for peanut butter fans. I made this for my friend who is a diabetic. Instead of 2 cups all purpose flour, I used 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour and for the brown sugar I used 1/2 cup brown splenda (sugar replacement).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 well greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Lucy Waverman’s Fast & Fresh Cookbook.
This recipe produces tasteless muffins. Definitely needs more sugar!!
I only gave it two stars because it was easy to follow. But I wish I would have read the reviews first. They are not very flavorful.
These PB and banana muffins were pretty awful. The texture was good, but they are tasteless and they smelled strange coming out of the oven. I added choco chips to the mix but that really didn't help much. All my ingredients were fresh and I followed the recipe. Maybe I can drizzle something sweet on top or add frosting. I won't be making these again.