Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A real kid pleaser and a healthy snack, this moist muffin is perfect for peanut butter fans. I made this for my friend who is a diabetic. Instead of 2 cups all purpose flour, I used 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour and for the brown sugar I used 1/2 cup brown splenda (sugar replacement).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 well greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Lucy Waverman’s Fast & Fresh Cookbook.
I'm also surprised by the reviews that said these were not sweet enough. I had several bananas too ripe to eat but perfect for bread. I made this recipe exactly as shown, but did use Honey Peanut Butter (because that's what I eat normally) and also added 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to the original recipe. I took them to work and they loved them. Recipe for me made 16 muffins. A super easy recipe with simple ingredients always on hand, so I'll definitely keep this recipe handy for quick muffins. Thanks for posting it!
I made these muffins. They've just came out of the oven. The kitchen smells like we are in muffin heaven. I didn't read the comments before and to be honest I am shocked how many people gave such a bad review. Btw. I never give a review and keep my opinion for myself, but I have to speak up. More sugar? Nope! Ripe bananas? Yes!!! My family - even my mother-in- law likes them as they turned out fantastic!!! I put chocolate chips because my 4 year old son wanted them with the banana, but it didn't make the muffins for sweeter... So people. Cut back on sugar!!! Greetings from Germany!