Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This was in a local paper..have not had a chance to try it yet.. When I make it, will make substitutions especially the heavy cream..probably will try dream whip..
- 3 cups graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons knox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- hot fudge
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 ounces hot fudge
- For crust: heat oven to 350*.
- Mix crumbs, sugar and butter (margarine) till moist.
- Press into a greased 9" pie shell.and bake for 10 minutes.set aside on rack to cool.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- pour liquer into a metal bowl, sprinkle on gelatin, let thicken and soften (3-5 minutes).
- then dissolve by resting bowl on top of a pan with 2" simmering water.
- Combine vanilla and milk in a pan, bring to a boil.in large bowl, whisk yolks, add sugar gradually, whisking till color turns lemony (5 minutes?).
- Whisk in cornstarch, and pour resulting mix into a pan set over medium heat, keep whisking till mix is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Reduce heat, whisk for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquer mix.
- Cool for 30 minutes.slice bananas diagonally, brush on 7-up (lemon lime soda).
- spread peanut butter over crust.layer on bananas.then filling.then bananas again.cover pan with plastic wrap, chill overnight.
- to serve top each slice with whipped topping, a few nuts and hot fudge sauce drizzled over all.