24 hrs 20 mins
This was in a local paper..have not had a chance to try it yet.. When I make it, will make substitutions especially the heavy cream..probably will try dream whip..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 2 1/2 teaspoons knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- hot fudge
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 4 ounces hot fudge
- 1For crust: heat oven to 350*.
- 2Mix crumbs, sugar and butter (margarine) till moist.
- 3Press into a greased 9" pie shell.and bake for 10 minutes.set aside on rack to cool.
- 4to prepare FILLING:.
- 5pour liquer into a metal bowl, sprinkle on gelatin, let thicken and soften (3-5 minutes).
- 6then dissolve by resting bowl on top of a pan with 2" simmering water.
- 7Combine vanilla and milk in a pan, bring to a boil.in large bowl, whisk yolks, add sugar gradually, whisking till color turns lemony (5 minutes?).
- 8Whisk in cornstarch, and pour resulting mix into a pan set over medium heat, keep whisking till mix is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 9Reduce heat, whisk for 2 more minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in liquer mix.
- 11Cool for 30 minutes.slice bananas diagonally, brush on 7-up (lemon lime soda).
- 12spread peanut butter over crust.layer on bananas.then filling.then bananas again.cover pan with plastic wrap, chill overnight.
- 13to serve top each slice with whipped topping, a few nuts and hot fudge sauce drizzled over all.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter/Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.0
- Calories from Fat 625
- Total Fat 69.5 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 259.4 mg
- Sodium 683.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: