Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml mashed ripe banana (approximately 1 banana)
- 118.29 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, peanut butter, banana, and sugars.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder and continue to mix until well blended.
- With a small spoon, scoop out batter and place on baking sheet aproximately 2 inches apart and bake for 10 to 14 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove and transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack.
Tooth-achingly sweet! I halved the white sugar and switched in 1/2 c. of whole wheat for the regular flour, and it was STILL too sweet for my taste. My toddler was crazy for them, even with the whole wheat flour and reduced sugar.
Even though the dough seemed really wet, it didn't spread at all, but puffed like crazy. For my next batch I'm going to cut the white sugar entirely and add some dark chocolate chips. It seems like it could be an awesome recipe, just needs some tweaking.
love this recipe! i modified it a bit by adding 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 cup of mini chocolate chips. i'm happy that there is no butter in this recipe. i've been trying to eat a little healthier, but still have cravings for something sweet. this recipe definitely didn't feel like a compromise to my diet. also, i used organic PB. will definitely make these again.
Great texture with an intense banana flavor. I treated these like regular peanut butter cookies and pressed them down with a fork. They don't spread much, so I'm glad I did! Next time, I will throw in some chocolate chips.