Recipe by BeansnRice
I haven't tried these yet but peanut butter and banana are two of DH's favorite flavors. It's from TOH's Diabetic Cookbook 2007.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana (1 - 1 1/2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup no sugar added natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, salted & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy.
- Add banana and peanut butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add apple juice concentrate, egg and vanilla. Blend.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Blend.
- Fold in chopped peanuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets about 2" apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.