Recipe by AnnieLynne
All my favorites “wrecked” into one yummy dessert! Created for RSC #12! Prepare in individual parfait glasses or glass bowls to show off the layers! Preparation time does not include baking the chocolate cake. (I made mine the day before.) Cooking time is refrigeration time. ** Please note that the directions for this recipe will vary by size of glass or bowl. So, as you’re layering this yummy dessert, just have fun with it!!!
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Decided to make this as a dessert for our annual holiday potluck and it was such a hit with the crowd. I went back and forth about presentation - deciding between letting people make little individual wrecks, making a single big wreck or reconstructing the wreck for a simple presentation. After consulting with the posting chef, I chose the third baking the cake in a disposible foil pan and frosting it with the peanut butter creme generously laced with bananas and decorated with chocolate syrup, mini chips and some toasted peanuts. It was just a sight to behold and the flavor was even better. The filling/topping is rather mouse-like in texture and creaminess with a soft nutty flavor. The cream cheese ads a deep body to the mix. Thanks for a great trip to chocolate nirvana.
- 1 (18 ounce) box reduced-sugar chocolate cake mix (prepared according to directions on box.)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite, separated (reserve 2 oz for topping)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 bananas, 1 reserved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cake into 1 - 1 1/2” squares. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar, cream cheese, and peanut butter together in medium bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in 6 oz of Cool Whip. (Reserve last 2 oz to use as topping.).
- Slice 2 of the bananas in approximately 1/4 inch slices. (Reserve third banana.).
- Please note: Amounts of each ingredient will depend on the type of glass or bowl you choose. I used a parfait glass that was about 3 1/2 inches in diameter (top) and about 4 inches high.
- To assemble your train wrecks, press each layer in firmly to compact.
- Press 3-4 pieces of cake in bottom of parfait glass.
- Top with 3-4 slices of banana.
- Squirt enough chocolate sauce to cover the bananas.
- Add 1/4 c of the peanut butter mixture.
- Repeat layers until the parfait glass is almost full. (I repeated my layers three complete times, so that the peanut butter mixture was on top.).
- Repeat, filling other parfait glasses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours.
- Right before serving, slice reserved banana into approximately 1/4 inch slices.
- Remove train wrecks from fridge and top with a plop of the reserved whipped topping, 2-3 slices of banana and a chunk of chocolate cake.
- For the risk-takers in your life: Top with additional chocolate syrup!