Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an easy pie I put together one weekend when I was craving peanut butter, chocolate and bananas. The peanut butter layer keeps the crust from getting soggy, so this pie keeps well - that is if it lasts long enough to have leftovers. Any single crust 9" pie shell will work - I prefer a baked crust, but a crumb crust is fine. Cooking time is pie chilling time.
- If using a baked pie crust, pre-bake in a 9" pan and cool before proceeding.
- If using a crumb crust, prepare a 9" pan accordingly.
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth using a mixer on medium speed.
- Gently spread the peanut butter mixture in an even layer into the prepared pie shell, including the sides of the pie crust. A rubber or silicone spatula works well.
- Press sliced bananas into the peanut butter mixture, "standing up" around the sides of the pie shell, and a layer in the bottom.
- Cook the pudding mix according to box directions, cool five minutes and then pour into pie shell over the bananas.
- Smooth the pudding, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or whipped topping.