Recipe by Lisa Clarice
These brownie bars are so easy and fast to make. You can make them vegan or not. I give both options. The peanut butter, banana, and chocolate are a wonderful combo! Great energy bars without loading you up on sugar. Your vegan and non-vegan friends will be impressed!
Top Review by Lalaloula
WOW, just WOW! These brownies are amazingly delish! They come out soft, gooey, chocolatey, peanutty and just plain addictive! I made the vegan version using 1 large banana which worked out fabulously. I also used a chocolate hazelnut butter in place of pb as thats what I had on hand thus reducing the sugar to 1 ts. Next time Ill leave it out entirely as these were super sweet for my taste. For the chocolate chips I used mini semi sweet chips and threw in a couple of pb chips. Loved it!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this true keeper with us, Lisa Clarice. Ill surely make this again and again and again.
Made and reviewed for the Feburary 2012 Romance and Flour Event in the Photo Forum.
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1 1⁄2 bananas (or 3 eggs)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk (or regular low-fat milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (white or whole wheat pastry)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8X8 inch square glass baking dish with oil.
- Combine peanut butter, bananas (or eggs) brown sugar, soy milk (or regular milk) and vanilla until smooth.
- Add baking powder and blend.
- Mix in flours until blended and last add the chocolate chips.
- Place into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack and then serve.