Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rich and sinful bread that will cause your family and friends to succumb to temptation.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml buttermilk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 236.59 ml ripe banana, mashed
- 59.14 ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml chopped peanuts (optional)
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine bananas, sugars, peanut butter, oil, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Then fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 8 X 4 inch greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts and remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips evenly over the batter, press lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- This can also be made in three greased and floured mini loaf pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10- 15 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight before serving.
This had lots of great flavor, but didn't rise up very high. I used the size pan called for, so I think maybe 1/2 tsp baking powder is not enough. Maybe double that amount?