Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is submitted in response to a request for recipes using carob. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a healthy and caffeine-free alternative to the traditional chocolate shake! Okay, mostly healthy! I got it from Vegweb. I'm sure you could substitute cocoa for the carob if you so desire!
- If using carob chips, place the peanut butter and chips in the microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for about 7-10 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth and pourable.
- Spoon into blender along with banana, soy milk, and ice cubes.
- If using carob powder, combine in blender along with banana, soy milk, peanut butter, sugar, and ice cubes.
- For both: Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
This was a yummy treat! I followed the recipe exactly but felt I didn't need to add the extra ice cubes because the banana I used was frozen ;-) The shake had a nice creamy consistency and the peanut butter flavour was subtile but unmistakable. Even though I used carob powder, it needed no extra sugar IMHO. Thanks!
A quick healthy breakfast treat. I used 2/3 cup vanilla soy milk, cashew butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I left out the sugar substitute and used about 1 cup of ice cubes. The banana was very ripe and provided just the right amount of flavor. This produced 2 nice servings for DH and I.