Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
A healthy, filling smoothie/shake that I like to have as an afternoon pick-me up (after school) or one to two hours before I work out. This smoothie is thick, tasty, and very healthy - it has plenty of protein and plenty of flavor! I have also had this as breakfast if I am pressed for time. The color may not be the prettiest, but as far as taste goes it reigns supreme! If you take the incentive to add more strawberries, this will come out a pinker color!
- 1⁄2 banana (frozen)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 strawberries (frozen, more if desired)
- 2 -3 ice cubes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter (or one if you desire a more mild peanut butter flavor)
- Pour all ingredients into a blender, and mix on high until smooth.
- Add milk or more strawberries and ice until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve ice cold in a tall glass, or what I sometimes do is put it into a container and place it in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes, which makes it even colder.
Yummy! I used chocolate milk.
Just delicious and a great pick me up in the morning. I did't have strawberries, so I added a whole banana, and I also added 2 ice cubes. This is a keeper!
We loved this shake. I love the fact that it has no added sugar to it. I used natural peanut butter and more than the recipe calls for (1 Tablespoon instead of 2 teaspoons) since we love the stuff. Next time, I will try it with almond butter. Very healthy and filling breakfast.