Recipe by KRMC
A healthy, filling smoothie/shake that I like to have as an afternoon pick-me up (after school) or one to two hours before I work out. This smoothie is thick, tasty, and very healthy - it has plenty of protein and plenty of flavor! I have also had this as breakfast if I am pressed for time. The color may not be the prettiest, but as far as taste goes it reigns supreme! If you take the incentive to add more strawberries, this will come out a pinker color!
- 1⁄2 banana (frozen)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 strawberries (frozen, more if desired)
- 2 -3 ice cubes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter (or one if you desire a more mild peanut butter flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour all ingredients into a blender, and mix on high until smooth.
- Add milk or more strawberries and ice until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve ice cold in a tall glass, or what I sometimes do is put it into a container and place it in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes, which makes it even colder.