Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a delicious, kid-friendly snack or dessert. fabulous straight out of the oven topped with some butter. makes nice sandwiches and it travels well too. enjoy! =)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar (i use sugar in the raw)
- 2 eggs, well beaten (you can sub with 1 c applesauce or yoghurt)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of your favorite peanut butter (i use 'naturally more' brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour (i use wheat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- preheat oven to 325 f. grease and flour one large loaf pan or 3 of the minis.
- cream butter and sugar. add eggs, bananas,peanut butter and mix until well combined. add the remaining ingredients in the order listed and mix thoroughly. batter will be thickish and stickyish. spread into pan and bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
This was very good, but since it has the peanut butter it is very dense. I omitted the pecans as my DH doesn't care for them. Next time I may try it using pumpkin instead of the bananas. Made for New Kids On the Block tag game.