this is a delicious, kid-friendly snack or dessert. fabulous straight out of the oven topped with some butter. makes nice sandwiches and it travels well too. enjoy! =)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar (i use sugar in the raw)
- 2 eggs, well beaten (you can sub with 1 c applesauce or yoghurt)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of your favorite peanut butter (i use 'naturally more' brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour (i use wheat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- preheat oven to 325 f. grease and flour one large loaf pan or 3 of the minis.
- cream butter and sugar. add eggs, bananas,peanut butter and mix until well combined. add the remaining ingredients in the order listed and mix thoroughly. batter will be thickish and stickyish. spread into pan and bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.