Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from the Metropolitan Cookbook.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine flour, powder, salt and soda and set aside.
- Cream shortening and peanut butter; add sugar gradually, continuing to cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas.
- Mix well, but do not beat.
- Spoon batter into a well greased 8 x 4 loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until thin knife inserted into center comes out clean.
This was great, I increased the shortening to 1/2 cup for fear it might have been too dry, I think it could have been increased even more however the taste was wonderful, thanks for sharing Karen...Kitten