Recipe by pdxjosh
A nice variation on a classic food. This recipe was inspired by Banana Bread (with a twist) #17180 posted by Barb Talkington. This does not take the place of regular banana bread, but I recommend it for a break from the beaten path. You can also successfully make this into muffins. Reduce the bake time accordingly.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil or 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (, three or four)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, peanut butter and oil or shortening and mix until uniform.
- Add the mashed bananas and beat in the eggs.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn into the greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.