Recipe by wife2abadge
Mmmm...a nice change from regular banana bread. Use all white flour if you like. I've made three mini loaves with success, as well as one large one.
Top Review by ercelialaporte
I have made this recipe with some changes. I added 3large eggs, 1/2 tsp extra of baking powder, and when after ifinished mixing I pour into my prepare 9x5 loaf pan all except maybe 1 1/2 cups of the batter. In this reserve batter, I added 3/4 cup nutella. I blended well and topped the batter in pan. Then I marbleized with icing spatula. Ibaked it foe about 55 minutes. Then. I realized that I could not expect for nutella to becom totally cook like rest of the bread. I think that next time I will bake only 45 minutes because the outside became bit scorched. It was very moist and very high. I will remove the crust cut it into thin slices ( about 3/8" thick). I will cut each slices in 4 even squares. I will mix lemon or orange zest along with some half n half into lowfat cream cheese and use this as a spread to put 2 squares together to make a small pastry. I might also make pouring royal icing (like petit fours) and ice them. If I do this I will let you know it came out. Bon Appetit!
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the milk, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and bananas and blend til smooth.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan before slicing.