Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy little snack for little kids or big kids. Alternatively, you can use either two slices of the same bread (either two white bread or two wholemeal bread) it's just to make it look pretty and healthy for kids. The pinwheel style is difficult to do without making a mess so if you don't like a mess or a challenge. You can use two more slice of bread and place them on the top, this will then be a serving size for two. Please be careful with nuts, we don't give Little Miss (DD) nuts because her cousin has a severe nut allergy.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread (wholemeal bread)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth
- 1⁄2 large banana
- 1 tablespoon sultana
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- Cut crusts off from both slices of breads and with a rolling pin flatten both breads.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, and then add peanut butter, sultanas and cinnamon.
- Evenly spread filling over both breads. Roll bread up starting from the long side.
- With a sharp knife cut into slices to form pinwheels. Enjoy.
This was a hit with the kids, even the picky one asked for more. I made it with whole grain bread and without the sultanas, and was informed that in future I should only make it with SMOOTH peanut butter. LOL!
i made this for the oldest kid in the house the DM and she loved it and in her eyes no crusts are good thing. Used a wholemeal/wholegrain bread and had enough filling to generously cover 3 slices. Thank you Chef floWer, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.
Aussie Swap #17: My daughter gives this 2 sticky thumbs up!! She would say 5 stars but her mouth is stuck together from the PB - lol!! Thank you for a fun & delicious treat to make with my daughter!