Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know exactly how Elvis ate this sandwich (I think he fried it), but this is my family's way of making this sandwich since I was a little girl. I craved these terribly while I was pregnant. Edited to add-Reviewer Bev is right- Miracle Whip makes it better than mayo! I used Honey Roasted Peanut Butter on my last one and it was (with the Miracle Whip) the BEST. sandwich!!! I could eat one everyday!
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise (heaping) or 1 teaspoon Miracle Whip (heaping)
- 1 banana, sliced in rounds
- No need to measure precisely.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of bread.
- Spread mayo on the other side.
- Add two to three layers of sliced bananas between the two bread slices.
- Hey, you can add raisins if you want. I did that to my husband's sandwich today.
- Get a cold glass of milk and ENJOY!
This is a great comfort food sandwich, but to really make it super good, add 2 or 3 strips of crisp bacon. I know it sounds weird, but it takes this to another level. Out of this world
Man, and I thought I was the only one! My dad made these for me back before I can remember and it is my favorite sandwich. He and my grandfather are the only other people I have met that eat these amazing sandwiches. When I tell people about this they think I'm nuts. I will have to try the bacon on it, sounds great.
I originally tried this when I was 3. Not quite the same but the idea was almost exact. One small modification if looking for less carbs is to skip the bread. My grandma would slice a banana into 4 pieces (half both ways) and smear miracle whip and pb straight on the banana. Made an awesome appetizer or snack. Little more difficult but extremely delicious. So happy to see this on here!