Recipe by Lumberjackie
An update on the classic peanut butter sandwich, from Bon Apetit magazine.
Top Review by White Rose Child
MMMm-mm! Hard to split this between four people! Actually I just made a quarter of it and was left wishing for more. :-) Instead of toasting the pita beforehand, I stuck the whole sandwich under the broiler for a minute. Extra delish. Thanks for posting!
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 8 tablespoons old-fashioned peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 6 pitted dates, chopped
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Ligtly toast the pita pockets and cut each in half crosswise.
- Spread the inside of each pita pocket with 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Sprinkle the chopped dates over the peanut butter, dividing them equally. Drizzle with honey. Divide the banana slices among the pita pockets.
- Close the sandwiches, pressing them slightly to adhere.