Recipe by erinn in tbay
A healthy, tasty, easy snack for kids. This recipe is from the Kinder Krunchies cookbook; I have made a few changes for variety. These travel well and are filling enough to keep your little one going (without whining) until lunch or supper time. Enjoy!
Top Review by moxie
Five stars for fun!!! My 5-year-old daughter had such a great time making these with me, and she loved eating them. My two tips: 1) butter your hands before you start making the balls of dough, 'cause this stuff is sticky. 2)If you're having trouble finding a large amount of sesame seeds, look in the bulk section of a natural foods store. Thanks for sharing this fun recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons raisins (or dried cranberries, or dried apple, or for a treat, mini chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut (i have made them without the coconut)
- 2 cups sesame seeds, approximately