Recipe by j1m404
No! These are not Schwetty Balls...but they're the next best thing! LOL!!!
Top Review by flower7
Well they may not be Schwetty Balls LOL but they are sooooo good! These are basically what I know as Buckeyes candies, but with rice krispies added and chunky not smooth peanut butter. I halved the recipe and used Jif "Natural" crunchy peanut butter and instead of candy melts, Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chocolate (with a tiny bit of 70% dark chocolate added). I melted just 6 oz chocolate for the half recipe and had quite a bit leftover; I added a scoop of peanut butter to it and some oatmeal cereal and poured out onto parchment paper to harden. Also yummy! LOL Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 lb chocolate candy melts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Rice Krispies, sugar, peanut butter and butter thoroughly, and roll into small balls.
- Place balls on bread pan covered with wax paper and put in the freezer until firm.
- Melt chocolate or candy coats in a double boiler on low heat.
- Dip balls in candy melts and place on a bread sheet covered with wax paper.
- Set back in the freezer until they harden.